Slovenia Bike Tour
This tour is upcoming. The date and price TBA.
A Fun Travel Slovenia Bike Tour (with surprising Food & Wine!)
Discounted Price on New Reservations
Bicycle the trails and hills of Slovenia. Enjoy the constant view of the snow-capped Alpine peaks. We will swim and raft in beautiful turquoise rivers and clear glacial lakes as we enjoy picnics and delicious local wines along the way. This area is loaded with history and has a natural splendor all its own.
- Cycle along shaded lanes to hidden lakes and tiny villages
- Swim in the crystal clear waters of glacial Lake Bohinj
- Ride up Vršič Pass, famous for its many switchbacks and breathtaking vistas
- Savor the best wines, cheeses, and cuisine of the region
- Raft the aqua colored Soca River (optional)
- See the site of the 1917 Battle of Caporetto and tour WWI trenches that still scar the region
- Tour alluring medieval towns while cycling toward the timeless heart of Slovenia’s modern capital, Ljubljana
Reviews 4 Reviews5/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeCulture, Cycling, Discovery, Guided Tours
Activity Level Fairly Easy
Group Size Small Group
Slovenia, formerly part of Yugoslavia, is a small, scenic country between Austria and Croatia, touching the northeast corner of Italy. Our bustling food & wine tour takes us through northwestern Slovenia, cycling near the pristine rivers and on shady roads that wind between the rugged peaks of the Julian Alps. A feature of the trip will be two nights spent in the former Presidential Summer Villa, overlooking lovely Lake Bled in whose waters we can see reflections of castles and snow-covered mountains. We’ll raft a short section of the turquoise Soca River as it heads toward the Adriatic Sea. Then we’ll bicycle in and out of Italy, along roads that serve the tiny farms and villages on each side of the border. Our group will pause to appreciate Slovenia’s unique red wines, delicious artisan cheeses, and flavorful local produce. Join us for this truly remarkable week in a hidden corner of Europe.
Optional Tour Choices:
$1150 Single Supplement (for solo travelers who wish to enjoy a private bedroom and bathroom) – Very Limited Availability
You do not need to decide in advance if you will raft the Soca River. The price is around 45 euros per person and can be paid directly that day.
Options are available at checkout.
Deposit is available: $1000 – call 800-825-9766.
- Transfers between Lubljana Airport and our hotel
- Comfortable hotels and bed-and-breakfasts that typify the region’s variety
- Hybrid bike for the week
- knowledgeable local bike guides
- All breakfasts, all lunches, and 6 dinners, with snacks along the way
- A support van to get luggage (and tired riders!) to destination
- Map and route instructions
- admissions to sites and museums mentioned
- HE Travel provides complimentary Medical & Evacuation Insurance for every US Resident on our group tours who does not have other coverage
- Transportation to and from Lubljana, Slovenia
- Optional rafting trip
- Souvenirs; Gratuities for guide
- Personal expenses such as phone, fax and beverages not included with meals
You don’t need to pay the single supplement if you’re traveling alone. We’ll be happy to match you with a roommate if you want. Pay the single supplement only if you want a bedroom to yourself.
For selected trips we will charge half the single supplement if you request a roommate but we can’t match you with someone.
The activities included with our trips serve as natural ice-breakers. Within a day you’ll be traveling with friends.
This tour starts and ends in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Traveling in Slovenia has no special requirements. Travelers should have moderate physical fitness levels and be able to ride a bike for several hours a day on rolling terrain. The afternoon whitewater rafting excursion is optional, but those who wish to participate should know how to swim, and be willing to paddle.
All accommodations on our gay biking tour through Slovenia are small hotels or boutique B&Bs that offer excellent hospitality and local charm.
For answers to your additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 305-294-8174