Colorado Dude Ranch
What’s in a Dude Ranch Tour?
Find your inner cowboy at this scenic Colorado destination spot as you enjoy the ranch lifestyle. Ride horses. Fly fish. Mountain bike. Ride the rapids. Drive cattle. You’re not in the city anymore. You can wind down each afternoon and just relax by the pool, shoot pool in the guest house, hike the trails plus enjoy the ranch’s stellar views in this beautiful Rocky Mountain landscape
- Reflect on your inner cowboy (or girl) as you interact with the nature around you.
- Cast your fly-fishing line in more than 22 catch and release ponds.
- Canter your horse amidst trees, meadows, brooks and mountain buttes.
- Admire this ranch that takes a green approach to repairing and preserving the environment.
- Eat like royalty as you savor locally raised meat and produce.
- Chill by the pool with your favorite drink.
- Scan the incredible view from Picture Rock, at nearly 9000 feet.
- Ride intermediate-level rapids (Class 3 rated) in a portion of the Colorado River.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeCulture, Discovery, Guided Tours, Trekking, Wildlife
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Small Group
Out West Adventures is thrilled to ride beside you on this Colorado ranch vacation. Whether you’re an old hand or a green newcomer, this destination offers every activity to all experience levels.
Our stockmen will coach and review with you the skills needed for pleasurable, risk-free riding, and they will hand select a horse with just the right personality for your week of fun and adventure.
And horseback riding isn’t the end. Throughout the week, pick from many other ranch-related pursuits to enjoy. Have you tried fly fishing? Float some rapids on the Colorado River. You can hike and bike. You can even cook at our ranch culinary classes.
The ranch’s own head chef has delicious meals planned for you every day. Most of the fare is raised or cultivated either right on the spot or from nearby growers, including high quality local meat and produce. These combined with a great selection of local fruits and vegetables create a once-in-a-lifetime week of dining you won’t soon forget.
Come with us to enjoy all these rich experiences at this incredible Colorado Ranch destination.
Optional Tour Choices: (available at checkout)
$1100 Single Supplement (for solo travelers who wish to enjoy a private bedroom and bathroom)
$125 A massage therapist is available if scheduled in advance. Enjoy a relaxing massage after time in the saddle!
Cell Phone Service: Located between mountain ranges, the ranch has limited cellular service. Currently, only Verizon’s service is available. The ranch’s guesthouse has plenty of landlines for you if needed.
Out West Adventures strongly urges you to buy Trip Cancellation and Interruption insurance. Unexpected weather, delays and other events can put your vacation investment at stake. Find our more about Out West Adventures’ Insurance Partner by Clicking Here .
Deposit is available: $1000 – call 800-825-9766.
- Six nights stay at the ranch in a great room plus a one-night stay at a Palisade, Colorado hotel.
- First day welcome supper, plus all your meals ending with breakfast the day you depart.
- Wine, beer and spirits at the welcome dinner and all ranch dinners.
- All of your ground travel to activities around the area.
- Daily horseback rides with experienced guides at your side.
- Activities shown on the schedule as weather permits, including Colorado River white-water rafting, hiking, fly-fishing and mountain biking.
- The services of a seasoned, charming Out West Travel guide.
- Out West Travel provides complimentary Medical & Evacuation Insurance for all US Residents on our group tours who do not have other coverage.
- Travel costs to Grand Junction, Colorado are not included.
- Souvenirs and memorabilia you wish to buy to remember your trip are not included.
- Travel insurance. Out West Travel urges all travelers, everywhere, to purchase their own travel insurance for any trip or tour.
- Tips (gratuities) for your inn-keeper, servers and housekeepers.
Grand Junction touch down
When you arrive at the Grand Junction airport, look for the Out West Adventures shuttle that will take you to our hotel in Wine Country. We’ll meet up this evening for a welcome dinner full of fresh, sustainable local foods prepared in the classic French tradition.
Wine Country and head to the Ranch
We’ll start our day with a delicious breakfast at the hotel followed by free time to relax by the pool and enjoy the sun. For those that are interested, we will visit local wineries to soak in the culture and allure that is Colorado Wine Country. In the afternoon we will go to the ranch.
Once we’ve arrived and are settled in, we will have time to explore before dinner. There is a pool as well as plenty of lounge spots throughout the guest house. The common area includes a full kitchen, great room and recreation room. In your free time, don’t forget to take advantage of the rustic stone fireplace, pool table and great views from the deck.
Riding, Rafting, Fishing, 8 Course Meal, Cattle Drive and More……
Every morning we’ll enjoy a satisfying and filling breakfast before heading out on the day’s adventures. Throughout your time on the ranch you will enjoy horseback riding through different terrains, climbing hills, crossing small creeks and meandering through trees and sagebrush. The Wranglers will pair everyone with a horse that best fits their skill level. Get ready to have a new four-legged friend by the end of the week!
In addition to horseback riding, activities throughout the week include :
- Cattle drive – You will get to show off your riding skills as we head out to do an authentic cattle drive.
- Fly-fishing – there are over 22 catch and release ponds on property. Catch all 5 species of trout and earn the honor of scoring a Grand Slam!
- White-water raft through gorgeous Glenwood Canyon as we cruise a 9-mile stretch of the Colorado River (Class 3 Rapids).
- Cattle sorting, team penning & roping- get your hands dirty or spectate!
- Wild horse tour through the Little Book Cliffs. We will stop and enjoy beautiful scenic lookouts and break for a picnic lunch among the wild horses.
- Shooting clay targets – an afternoon of shooting 50 rounds.
Lunches will be in different locations throughout the week depending on the activities. Every night before dinner we will have time to relax or to enjoy the pool lounging, billiards, a hands-on cooking class or a beautiful hike.
All our dinners are an enjoyable event with appetizers, cocktails and a comfy fire if the weather permits. One special evening will be reserved for an 8-12 course meal with wine tasting prepared by chef Jordan Asher. The food provided is top notch and you will always be full after a long day of adventure.
Our last night is reserved for our delicious, ranch style, farewell dinner. A favorite local band will perform for your dancing pleasure.
Wi-Fi is available but we suggest using your free time to disconnect, swim, get a massage, play some pool, head out on a bicycle ride or hike.
Today we say farewell to the ranch and the horses that we’ve bonded with over the past week. We head home after a tasty breakfast.
You don’t need to pay the single supplement if you’re traveling alone. We’ll be happy to match you with a roommate if you want. Pay the single supplement only if you want a bedroom to yourself.
For selected trips we will charge half the single supplement if you request a roommate but we can’t match you with someone.
The activities included with our trips serve as natural ice-breakers. Within a day you’ll be traveling with friends.
This tour starts and ends in Grand Junction, Colorado. Plan to arrive in time for a 6 pm dinner and orientation on Day 1. You should schedule a flight out of Grand Junction anytime after 1:00 PM, on Day 8.
To fully enjoy this tour, you should be comfortable riding (or learning to ride) horses. Non-riders are welcome to join the tour, but during some horse-related activities, they will be enjoying other ranch amenities while the rest of the group is riding the range.
The first night will be spent in Colorado Wine Country. The hotel offers farm to table dining with no shortage of wine. There is a swimming pool and a hot tub in our hotel and the rooms are spacious.
The ranch guest house has a very spacious setup with a spectacular view of the Rocky Mountains. There is a spacious deck to sit and enjoy the fresh air and gorgeous views. All bedrooms have private bathrooms. The common area of the house includes wide-open space that will allow those taking advantage of the full kitchen to socialize with friends in the great room and recreation area. You have access to a flat-screen satellite TV, DVD player, WIFI, a stone fireplace and pool table.
The horses on the ranch are accustomed to many different riders. The wrangler will try to match a horse with your experience. While the horses are well-trained and generally very gentle, they are animals and can be unpredictable. Like any outdoor activity, horseback riding has inherent risks and dangers. That said, most people are very happy with their horseback riding experience and injuries are rare.
The rides are not traditional trail rides as you normally find on a typical dude ranch. We limit the guests, so you really learn to control the horse and ride like a cowboy. The terrain varies so be prepared for a variety of rides.
Your wranglers, cooks, ranch host, and other staff work hard to make your experience top notch and Out West Adventures will cover their gratuity. If you feel that they were exceptional, it is up to you if you would like to give more. Your Out West Adventures tour director works hard behind the scenes to coordinate activities and smooth any glitches. Gratuities are appreciated and are at your discretion. On average, they tend to receive $8-$10 a day.
The ranch is situated between mountain ranges, which limits cellular service. Verizon is the only service that is currently available on the ranch. There are landlines in the guesthouse if needed.
For answers to your additional questions, please call 305-294-8174.