Ecuador Adventure Tour
Have you ever been down below….the equator? Ride horses through the Andes hills, hike into an extinct volcano crater and bike down the side of Cotopaxi Volcano in this exciting and scenic tour.
- Trek a full day at Rumiñahui Volcano.
- Enjoy the views of Cotopaxi Volcano while you mountain bike down the side of it.
- Ride on horseback, exploring the Ecuadorian Andes.
- Relish the delicious flavors of Ecuadorian cuisine.
- Hike in an extinct volcano crater filled with emerald green water.
- Relax while gazing at your wood burning fire at the Hacienda.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeCulture, Cycling, Guided Tours, History, Trekking, Wildlife
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
Join us on a trip to the past – to Quito, one of the Americas’ best preserved historic cities. As we head up to the hacienda, we’ll make our way to higher elevations near the Cotopaxi Volcano. The Andean Mountains include an extinct volcanic crater that awaits our exploration. Our epic views of Cotopaxi are a once-in-a-lifetime experience at 15,000 feet, descending as we enjoy mountain biking down its side. We’ll see amazing flora, birds and animals at nearby Limpiopungo Lake, a conservation wetland. This tour is both exhilarating and relaxing – a stunning mix of history and adventure with a visit to an older world.
Deposit is available: $1000 – call 800-825-9766.
- Airport transfers to/from Quito hotel
- All accommodations in double occupancy for 4 nights in Quito and 3 nights at a charming countryside hacienda
- all breakfasts, 6 lunches, and 6 dinners
- Transfers between flights and hotel in Quito
- Services of local bilingual guides
- Out West Adventure Travel professional tour director (subject to minimum participation)
- All hotel service charges, government taxes, porter-age and meal gratuities when dining together
- Entrance fees to activities and sites shown in the itinerary.
- Out West Adventures provides complimentary Medical & Evacuation Insurance for every US Resident on our group tours who do not have other coverage.
Optional Tour Choices:
$1100 Single Supplement (for solo travelers who wish to enjoy a private bedroom and bathroom.) – Available at checkout.
- Transportation to and from Quito
- 1 dinner
- Airport departure fees (total of $35-$60 depending on airports used)
- Optional activities
- Gratuities to guides
- Personal items including alcoholic beverages, snacks, laundry, and telephone calls.
Most of our trips draw more single travelers than couples. When couples do join us, it’s usually because they’re looking forward to interacting with a group of adventurers. The activities included with our trips serve as natural ice-breakers. Within a day, you’ll be traveling with friends. You don’t need to pay the single supplement if you’re traveling alone. We’ll be happy to match you with a roommate. Pay the single supplement only if you want a bedroom to yourself.
For selected trips, including cruises, we will charge half the single supplement if you request a roommate but we can’t match you with someone.
This tour starts and ends in Quito, Ecuador
The terrain on this trip is varied. Topography ranges from rolling to strenuous. Activities include horseback riding at your pace, hiking down into a crater (with the option of riding a mule back up), hiking in a National Park (not intense), biking in the National Park (rolling, rocky terrain) and walking tours. For most of the tour, we will be in higher elevation, which has a colder climate. Be sure to bring warm clothes to accommodate for the colder weather and be prepared to take activities at a slower pace due to the thin air.
While in Quito we will be staying in a charming, newly remodeled hotel that offers a wonderful blend of ancient and modern concepts. We will be perfectly located in Quito’s historic center.
During our time in the countryside, we’ll stay in the heart of the Central Andes at a working ranch/Hacienda. The rooms are the perfect level of comfort with wood burning stoves to keep us nice and warm. The hacienda is an amazing world of its own, with a warm, friendly vibe.
For answers to your additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 305-294-8174.